Junior Golf World Cup - Event Info
JUNIOR GOLF WORLD CUP
TOYOTA CITY, JAPAN
The 2019 Junior Golf World Cup will once again be held in Japan. The 27th playing of this world junior golf event brings together the best junior golfers from 16 countries around the globe to compete against each other in a team format. This year's tournament dates are June 18-21, 2019. The championship will take place at Chukyo Golf Club in Toyota City, Japan. The course, which the championship is played on, is a Par-71 mountain course. It has been a stop on many of Japan's professional tours since its inception.
EVENTS FOR THE 2019 CHAMPIONSHIP
June 13 - Arrive in Los Angeles
June 14 - Leave for Japan
June 15 - Sightseeing/Practice Round
June 16 - Junior/Amateur Competition, Long Drive Contest
June 17 - Official Practice Round, Opening Ceremony
June 18-21 - Tournament
June 21 - Closing Ceremony / Farewell Party
June 22 - Return to USA
HISTORY OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP
- 1992 was the first year of the championship, which was held in Taisha Country Club in the City of Izumo, Japan. The United States team won this three-day event. The format was seven players and the best five scores of the day.
- 1993 the event moved to the Masters Golf Club in Miki-City, Japan. The format was changed to four team members and a three-day tournament.
- 1994 - 1997 the championship was played at the Asahi Kokusai Hamamura Onsen Golf Club in Tottori, Japan. It was during 1997 that the current format of four players and four-day tournament began.
- 1998 - 2001 the tournament was held in Hyogo, Japan.
- 2002 Toyota Motor Company Japan announced a 5 year commitment as Title sponsor. Since this commitment Toyota has taken the tournament to various cities.
- 2005-2018 the event has taken place at the Chukyo Golf Club, Ishino Course in Toyota City, Japan.
- The 2011 event was not played due to the April 7 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
- The United States won both the boys and girls team championships in 2017.